Social Media Manager
Reporting to: Head of Brand
Location: Hybrid – remote working with 3-4 days per week at our HQ in Haywards Heath
About French Bedroom
Having spotted a gap in the market for timeless, feminine French style beds, Georgia Metcalfe founded online boutique French Bedroom in 2006. Georgia fuses creativity and design to produce authentic and thoughtful furniture described by fans as “antiques of the future”.
Today French Bedroom is a fast-paced, growing ecommerce brand with a unique and established product set. Proudly offering unbeatable customer service (4.9 stars on Trustpilot!) designed to deliver a personalised shopping experience to suit the needs of time-poor women.
Internally the team can be described as ‘hungry but humble’ and the performance culture fostered by the leadership team ensures that KPIs and growth targets are met.
We are looking for a proactive, creative and performance-focused Social Media Manager to play a key role within our growing marketing team and lead our social media growth targets.
Working closely with the founders, head of brand and other key departments, you will be responsible for leading and developing our social media strategies across Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok, with your campaigns extending into PR, CRM marketing and onsite.
You are the follower, and are follower-obsessed, always putting them at the heart of everything you do. You truly understand our followers and what makes them tick, and you use this knowledge to create and execute strategies to deliver exceptional content and community experience – driving follower and subscriber growth. You are always on the lookout for brands and influencers to collaborate with and you’re the kind of person who doesn’t rest until your dream campaign is launched.
This is an exciting time of growth for French Bedroom and a great opportunity to join an agile, hungry and humble team who work hard but have fun too.
- Is people obsessed
- Can make ideas a reality
- Discovers new things
- Wants to make us famous
- Detail hungry for what the Algorithm wants and how it’s changing
- Can bring a product to life with inspiring copy that bounces off the page
- Loves using numbers and data to signal campaign performance
- Writing and implementing French Bedroom organic social / community strategy
- Posting all socials
- Community engagement
- Blog writing (1 per week) & copy for newsletters, ad campaigns, social posts
- Ideate campaigns in opportunity areas, executing a quarterly community focused campaign to boost BAU (collab/event)
- Lead the brand partnership outreach programme (with support from Head of Brand & Founder)
- Day-to-day contact for PR agency
- Monthly social media reporting and competitor analysis
- IG, FB, Tik Tok, LinkedIn
- Manage content production briefs through via graphic designers, videographers, photographers and illustrators (our in house creative studio).
Goals for our next FY:
- Grow IG followers over 150K
- Influencers – collaborate with five established mid-size followers 100K plus
- Upward trajectory of engagement rates – improving with each new campaign
- Drive reach up by 30%
- Increase social shares by 10%
- Increase in likes on paid and organic social posts
- Double our CTR
- Evidence of successful brand collaborations supporting social KPI’s
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in social media marketing.
- Extensive knowledge of Meta and other platforms.
- Ability to analyse data and convert insight into action.
- Solid understanding of organic social media and what KPIs to track.
- Experience in implementing social media strategies.
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude and always striving for excellence in every aspect of your work.
- Experience working in a small, founder-led team but work well autonomously, and be a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strength in managing key stakeholders and coordinating activity with external agencies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Creative, proactive and take initiative.
- Highly organised, logical, and efficient, and can work to tight deadlines with a strong sense of urgency.